Regular meditation calms down the restlessness of your mind, and decreases the number of distracting thoughts, bringing you a sense of inner peace and relaxation. As your sense of inner peace increases, your ability to concentrate and focus your mind improves.
With a peaceful mind you make fewer mistakes, make better judgments and decisions, and become more patient and tolerant. This of course improves your relationships with family, friends, neighbors and colleagues.
The benefits of meditation do not end here. Regular practice, enhances the sense of happiness and contentment. As the mind becomes more and more peaceful, the number of worries, anxieties, fears and negative thoughts decreases, and in their absence, happiness rises, unobstructed.
Much of the stress and tension you normally experience come from your thoughts, beliefs and expectations. Most problems, including ill health, are brought about or aggravated by stress and tension. This stress and tension can be reduced by regular meditation.
When the mind is at peace, many problems just disappear, and others are more easily dealt with.
If your mind is undisciplined it accepts every passing thought, and wastes your time and energy on useless and negative thoughts. It also aggravates every problem and takes it out of proportion. With a disciplined and trained mind, this tendency gradually gets weaker, and might even disappear completely.
If you meditate, in time, you will see changes in your behavior, attitude, and manner of thinking. You would become more positive, and learn to react more patiently and calmly in the various situations of your daily life. You will also be in a better position to deal with people and with problems. Your actions would become positive, efficient, and focused.
The benefits of meditation manifest on the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels. Some of them appear quite fast, and others take some more time to manifest. This depends on the amount of time devoted to meditation, the levels of earnestness and concentration, and on the inner ripeness of the meditating person.
Remember, it is not enough to meditate once or twice a week. You have to meditate every day to attain results.
There are a lot of rewards for practicing meditation. Researches made by scientists confirm this fact.
Physical Benefits of Meditation
- A deeper level of relaxation.
- Deep rest accompanied by decreased metabolic rate and lower heart rate.
- Decreased high blood pressure.
- Improved flow of air to the lungs.
- Increased levels of energy.
- Decreased muscle tension.
- More easily falling asleep and sleeping soundly.
- Improved state of the immune system.
Mental and Emotional Benefits of Meditation
- Increased ability to stay calm in every situation
- Greater creativity.
- Decreased anxiety.
- Decreased tendency to worry.
- Decreased depression.
- Decreased nervousness, irritability and moodiness.
- Enhancement of self-confidence.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased self-discipline.
- Improved learning ability and memory.
- Increased feelings of vitality.
- Enhanced feelings of happiness.
- More emotional stability.
- Developed intuition.
Spiritual Benefits of Meditation
- Peace of mind.
- Emotional and mental detachment.
- Heightened awareness of the inner self.
- The ability to look within, beyond the body, mind and personality.
- Discovery of the power and consciousness beyond the ego.
- Discovery of one’s true being.
- Attaining self-realization and spiritual awakening.
Do you allow other people to transfer their stress and lack of peace to you? Do you allow negative thoughts, emotions and memories to make you stressed and unhappy? Learn how to let go and be free and happy.